The Gluu Server Overview
The Gluu Server is a free and open source access management tool written primarily in java and python. The Gluu Server combines best-of-breed open source identity and access management software with easy administration, and is engineered to support robust enterprise requirements for uptime and availability.
100% Open Source & Open Standards
When we started Gluu, our mission was to create an open source access management utility that enabled more organizations to deliver a better authentication and authorization service. When possible, we used existing open source software and wrote our own open source software to fill in the cracks.
Each component of the Gluu Server fulfills a different requirement:
- Shibboleth is one of the most dependable open source SAML single sign-on servers available and is in production at more than 5,000 organization’s worldwide.
- Asimba SAML Proxy enables an organization to consolidate inbound SAML authentication from the IDPs of partners to a website or app.
- oxAuth is Gluu’s inter-op leading OpenID Connect IDP and industry leading UMA Authorization Server (AS).
- Gluu OpenDJ LDAP is our compiled and supported version of OpenDJ that provides persistence for the Gluu Server.
- oxTrust is the server administration application. In oxTrust, the server admin can manage and configure SAML & OpenID Connect single sign-on, and script policies to enforce custom authentication workflows and control access to web resources like folders and API’s.
Engineered for Flexibility, Uptime and Scaling
The Gluu Server can be deployed in clusters and scaled horizontally to provide a robust, geographically distributed authentication and authorization service. Within a cluster, servers can be added and removed as needed without disrupting the service.