The only fully supported Shibboleth (SAML) & OAuth2 server
Shibboleth is a world class open source SAML identity provider (IDP). However, lack of an admin interface and commercial support options can be problematic for mission critical deployments. In addition, SAML is only one piece of a comprehensive identity and access management solution.
Organizations today need to support newer OAuth 2.0 protocols for federated authentication and authorization like OpenID Connect and User Managed Access (“UMA”). They also need proven strategies for integrating identity management systems, achieving high availability, and supporting multiple strong authentication mechanisms.
The Gluu Server offers a complete, enterprise-ready open source solution for achieving single sign-on (SSO) and strong authentication to web and mobile applications.
Here are a few key benefits of using the Gluu Server:
- Easy deployment: Deploy the Gluu Server, with the Shibboleth SAML IDP, in around 15 minutes using one of our Linux packages.
- Mobile ready: The Gluu Server supports OpenID Connect, which was built for modern authentication requirements including mobile apps, browser apps, and web based apps.
- Cross protocol support: When a person logs into an app via your Gluu Server, they receive an SSO session for all other apps that rely on Gluu for login, regardless of protocol. This ensures a seamless SSO experience across SAML and OpenID Connect applications.
- Customize everything: Not only can you customize the look and feel of public pages like login and registration, but you can support business-driven logic for authentication, authorization, and identity management.
- No vendor lock-in: We architected the Gluu Server around open standards and open source software to eliminate the liability of vendor lock-in and per user fees.
The Gluu Server Overview
The Gluu Server is a free open source identity and access management (IAM) platform. The Gluu Server is a container distribution composed of software written by Gluu and incorporated from other open source projects.
The most common use cases for the Gluu Server include single sign-on (SSO), mobile authentication, API access management, two-factor authentication, customer identity and access management (CIAM) and identity federation.
With the Gluu Server, your organization can support open web standards for single sign-on like SAML 2.0 and OpenID Connect, one or more adaptive authentication mechanisms like Duo Security or Yubico, and UMA, a new profile of OAuth 2.0 for web and API access management.
Gluu EDU for Universities and Educational Institutions
Key Benefits :
- Launch your Shibboleth SAML IDP service in minutes, not days or weeks;
- Support next-gen OAuth2 federation standards like OpenID Connect;
- Well tested integration strategies for common existing identity infrastructures, like Active Directory;
- A range of commercial support options for your mission critical authentication infrastructure.