Shibboleth for SAML & oxAuth for OAuth 2.0
Shibboleth is a world class SAML identity provider (IDP) with an active and dedicated community. However, lack of an admin UI and vendor support options are problematic for mission critical enterprise deployments. In addition, a SAML IDP is only one component in a comprehensive and modern identity & access management (IAM) system.
In order to support current and future IAM challenges, such as mobile single sign-on (SSO) and API access management, organizations need to support newer OAuth 2.0 protocols like OpenID Connect and User Managed Access (“UMA”).
Gluu Server Overview
The Gluu Server is a container distribution of free open source software for identity and access management (IAM). Gluu bundles multiple open source components, including the Shibboleth SAML IDP, to provide an enterprise-ready solution for SSO, two-factor authentication (2FA) and web and API access management.
Key benefits of using the Gluu Server:
- Easy deployment: Deploy the Gluu Server, with the Shibboleth SAML IDP, in around 15 minutes using one of our Linux packages.
- Mobile ready: The Gluu Server supports OpenID Connect, which was built for modern authentication requirements including mobile apps, browser apps, and web based apps.
- Cross protocol support: When a person logs into an app via your Gluu Server, they receive an SSO session for all other apps that rely on Gluu for login, regardless of protocol. This ensures a seamless SSO experience across SAML and OpenID Connect applications.
- Customize everything: Not only can you customize the look and feel of public pages like login and registration, but you can support business-driven logic for authentication, authorization, and identity management.
- No vendor lock-in: The Gluu Server was architected around open standards and open source software to eliminate the liability of vendor lock-in.
Gluu EDU for educational institutions
Gluu is a trusted member of the EDU community and offers its support services at discounted rates to qualified educational institutions, making it possible for all schools to:
- Launch a Shibboleth SAML IDP service in minutes, not days or weeks;
- Support next-gen OAuth 2.0 federation standards like OpenID Connect & UMA;
- Integrate existing identity infrastructures like Active Directory, and join federations like InCommon.