Gluu Server for Educational Institutions
As cloud-based services continue to gain importance and adoption, many campuses are still struggling to offer integration strategies that work well with modern IT architectures, systems, and services.
The Gluu Server enables an institution to support open web standards for single sign-on and access management, and the annual support subscription provides university personnel access to Gluu’s trained staff for questions about server operations, bug fixes, and high level consultations.
100% Open Source Software
With a Gluu Server, your institution is never subject to predatory licenses or per user fees. All components of the Gluu Server are free to use in production. Each component of the Gluu Server fulfills a different requirement:
- oxAuth is Gluu’s inter-op leading OpenID Connect IDP and industry leading UMA Authorization Server (AS).
- Gluu OpenDJ LDAP is our compiled and supported version of OpenDJ. LDAP provides persistence for the Gluu Server, and can be used as the authoritative source of identity if needed.
- oxTrust is the server administration application. In oxTrust, the server admin can manage and configure SAML & OpenID Connect single sign-on, and script policies to enforce custom authentication workflows and control access to web resources like folders and API’s.
- Shibboleth is one of the most dependable open source SAML single sign-on servers available and is in production at more than 5,000 organization’s worldwide.
- Asimba SAML Proxy enables an organization to consolidate inbound SAML authentication from the IDPs of partners to a website or app. Support for Asimba is not included with the Gluu Server EDU subscription, but can be provided as an additional option.
- CAS* is an authentication system that provides single sign-on. It is an open source Java server component that is well-documented and includes an extensive community of adopters.
* Optional components that can be included in your Gluu Server deployment for an additional cost.
Your Infrastructure. Your Security Policies.
All Gluu Servers are self-hosted. Gluu, as an organization, never stores or hosts your personally identifiable information (PII). With a Gluu Server, you can:
- Leverage an existing authentication system such as Active Directory.
- Call external security API’s such as two factor authentication mechanisms or intrusion detection software.
- Enforce access management, and multi-step, multi-factor authentication based on attributes and/or groups.
Gluu EDU Managed Service
$35,000 per year
Gluu’s Managed Service is a special offering for educational institutions that provides a turn-key delivery of the Gluu Server Community Edition (CE) where Gluu assists in the management and operation of up to two Gluu Servers (one development instance, one production instance), including configuration management, revision control, package updates, and operational assistance. The Gluu Managed Service includes Basic Support, which you can learn more about in our support matrix.
The Gluu Managed Service provides a great value for organizations that want to supplement their internal operational capacity. For less than the cost of one full time employee (FTE), you can rely on Gluu’s expert staff to provide hands on assistance and support for your Gluu Server infrastructure 24/7/365.
Gluu EDU Discounted Support
15% off Premium or Enterprise Support
In addition to the Managed Service, Gluu offers qualified educational institutions a 15% discount on Premium or Enterprise support. One of these higher levels of support can be paired with the managed service if your institution wants operational assistance from Gluu but also needs more named contacts, consultative support, or a clustered environment, which the basic Managed Service offering does not include. Please schedule a meeting with us if you are interested in learning more about our EDU offerings.