This document, also known as the Gluu Gateway Release Note, relates to the Gluu Gateway Release versioned 4.1.x. The work is licensed under the “The Apache 2.0 License” allowing the use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sub-license and sale without limitation and liability, provided the end-user person or organization using this software has an active support subscription for this software with either Gluu or one of Gluu's OEM partners after using the software for more than 30 days. This document extends only to the aforementioned release version in the heading.
UNLESS IT HAS BEEN EXPRESSLY AGREED UPON BY ANY WRITTEN AGREEMENT BEFOREHAND, THE WORK/RELEASE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE, THE AUTHOR, OR GLUU SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS OR DAMAGES CAUSED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO ANY PROPERTY OR LIFE WHILE INSTALLING OR USING THE RELEASE.
The document is released with Version 4.1.x of the Gluu Gateway Software. The purpose of this document is list changes made and new features included in this release. The list is not exhaustive and there might be some omission of negligible issues, but the noteworthy features, enhancements and fixes are covered.
Gluu Gateway is an API Gateway which leverages the Gluu Server for central client management and access control using OAuth and UMA scopes.
Please visit the Gluu Gateway docs for more complete documentation.
Gluu Gateway 4.1#
The most important update in Gluu Gateway 4.1 is the upgrade from Kong 1.3 to 2.0. Additionally, several improvements have been made to metrics and access tokens.
- #420 Kong 2.0
- #418 resty/hmac.lua throwing error in kong 1.5
- #416 Bump Kong to 1.5.0
- #417 bump Kong to 1.5.0
- #342 Update Grafana configuration and make reports
- #411 One bug in gluu-metrics plugin
- #370 OpenID plugin configuration for UMA access control: Push UserInfo token
- #402 Update submodule oxd-web-lua
- #403 update oxdweb to latest master
- #400 inactive oxd access token
- #399 add ability to run test suite against any docker image
- #396 write a script to run our test suite against an image from Dockerhub
- #382 Map access_token to HTTP header in OIDC plugin, Default: off
- #273 Add unsupported JWT signing algorithms
- #394 lua folder structure, custom headers, OpenId Connect access tokens
- #390 Maintain access_token in user session, gluu-openid-connect
- #392 Refactor Lua code folder structure
- #381 Add Custom header map configuration for OAuth and UMA plugins as well
- #393 Farther GG repo decomposition
- #377 Refactor test suite to use GG docker image
- #373 Map Userinfo and id_token claims to HTTPS headers
- #379 Make Oauth2 client Kong consumer mapping optional
- #365 GG Lua deps and plugins archive
- #376 Update setup script to remove daos.lua for safe kong db migration