Gluu Server for Educational Institutions
As cloud-based services continue to gain importance and adoption, many campuses are still struggling to offer integration strategies that work well with modern IT architectures, systems, and services.
The Gluu Server enables an institution to support the newest web protocols for single sign-on and access management, and equips an institution with the tools it needs to offer a secure access management service day after day.
100% Open Source Software
With a Gluu Server, your institution is never subject to predatory licenses or per user fees. All components of the Gluu Server are free to use in production. A subscription can be terminated and all the components of your server will remain functional.
Your Infrastructure. Your Security Policies.
All Gluu Servers are self-hosted. Gluu, as an organization, never stores or hosts your personally identifiable information (PII). With a Gluu Server, you can:
- Leverage an existing authentication system such as Active Directory and LDAP.
- Call external security API’s, such as two factor authentication mechanisms or intrusion detection software.
- Enforce access management, and multi-step, multi-factor authentication based on attributes and/or groups.
Gluu EDU Build / Operate Subscription
Our most popular deployment model, heavily discounted for educational institutions: an instance of the Gluu Server is deployed in your data center on your VM’s. Both your organization and Gluu maintain root access to the servers. For more details, visit our pricing page or schedule a meeting.
Starts at $5,200 per server per year
No per user or per connection fees
24/7 monitoring and reporting
EDU Support Includes:
- Access for up to two (2) named users to Gluu VIP Support
- Basic linux system administration (i.e. disk space is running out, machine CPU is overloaded). May include information gathering or problem resolution.
- Management of cryptographic keys, certificates and key stores.
- Assistance to customer engineers who have questions about documented Gluu Server features.
- Support for Shibboleth SAML and oxAuth OpenID Connect SSO configurations.
- Support for configuration of the Shibboleth SP or mod_ox web container plugins on a new machine.
- Help with look and feel customizations.
- Three hours of ad hoc support meetings per quarter as booked by client.
View the complete support matrix.
Additional support is required for:
- User management via the SCIM protocol.
- Support for the Gluu SAML, OpenID Connect, UMA or SCIM Java software development libraries.
- Custom Enrollment and Registrations Workflows.
- Inbound SAML Proxy.
- Coding of Gluu Server custom interception scripts, except for simple attribute transformation scripts with no external API calls.
- Multi-party federation hosting.
- Cluster Support.
- Key storage in an HSM.